Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Reason For Becoming Vegan

The main reason is because of my Type 2 Diabetes. I have been diabetic for about ten years now.  I've taken medicine, exercised and watched my diet.  Okay, let me restate that last statement.  I've taken my medicine daily without causing me any pain or discomfort.  I've thought more about exercise and good diet choices than actually doing it.  I thought taking the medicine was to cure for the disease.  Well that's what I told myself anyway.  So, my last hemoglobin A1C test was the highest ever.  I guess it, "woke me up."  Made me think about being fifty-two and how the next fifty-two years of my life would be like and how I could make it better.

After my "wake-up call", I made an appointment with an Endocrinologist.  It was a doctors appointment like no other I'd ever had.  She was very knowledgeable and made me feel very secure about being diabetic.  We set-up some goals and I let feeling a little better about being diabetic.  Shortly after my appointment a friend told me about Dr. Neal Barnard, MD.  He's written the book, Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes. The scientifically proven system for reversing diabetes without drugs. 

Dr. Barnard's book is the main reason I've decided to become Vegan.  I started this blog is to share Dr. Barnard's ideas about being vegan and to meet other diabetics and vegans.  

Until next time, All God Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment