Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Already!

Whenever I start a new diet or exercise program it seems to take forever to get through the first week or before I see any results.  Well, as you know I started my Vegan diet on Monday and I can't believe it's already Friday!  Five days into the new vegan diet and it hasn't been bad at all.  I've stayed busy reading great cook books and eating great food.  Right now at 7:20AM I have black beans cooking on the stove so I can make hummus for lunch and black bean burgers for dinner. 

To help get my Vegan diet started I went to my local library and got an armful of great books to read.  The three I've read the most so far are, Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes written by Dr. Barnard, Vegan Comfort Food written by Alicia C. Simpson and Veggie Burgers Every Which Way written by Lukas Volger.  For me personally, Dr. Barnard's book is how I got started on my journey of becoming vegan.  Even if you have no interest in becoming vegan, this book has great information about diabetes.  Alicia's Simpson's book grabbed my interest as soon as I read the title, Vegan Comfort Food.  Comfort food has been a staple in my diet since I've been a small boy.  I remember standing in the kitchen at a very young age trying to make sense of all the family chaos going on  around me while stuffing something sweet and gooey into my mouth and knowing if my mother walked into the kitchen at that very moment I would be in big trouble.  Finally, Veggie Burgers Every Which Way is full of flavorful and healthy vegan and vegetarian burger recipes.  I can't wait to make the Chipotle Black Bean Burgers for dinner tonight!  Along with these books I have another stack to look at and to tell you about.

My plan for the rest of the week is to stay focused, continue eating great vegan food and to be kind to myself!

Until next we meet, All Good Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment